Techncian that showed up was nice guy.Knew what he was doing and went straight to the problem.

(I already knew the unit was low on R22). Now, to know if the unit is low one has to hook up a set of manifold gauges to check pressures. The technician did this. Then after opening the valves he correctly diagnosed the unit as being low on R22.

So, here is the rub. He proclaims that there will be a $65 charge for a pound of R22! I was furious. I asked to talk to his boss.

To which the technician replied "what difference will that make?". He did finally give me the boss mans name as Dave Eubanks. I called Mr Eubanks and told him what was going on. His reply was "that's the going rate.

The technician has to hook up his gauges to put in the R22 and..." At the word "and" I stopped him and pointed out to him that the technician had to hook up his gauges as part of the diagnosis!!!! I have been working on AC units for about 35 years. I only decided to call those guys because I didn't feel like chasing down some R22. Do Not Use Hallmark AC and Heating in the Sugarland/Southwest Houston area.

They will Skin you if you don't know any better! I recommend Allright AC and Heat.

Edgar is a small independent guy that will shoot straight.Again, stay away from Hallmark!!!!

Had an Experience with Hallmark AC Heating?

Comments

Spring, Texas, United States #1326552

The compressors take the new freon Its called R -134 A. R-22 is no longer made.

This is an ongoing issue of people wanting everything for cost.If this guy has been doing hvac for 35 years then he knows all about the cost of running a business.

No company goes out and resells items at their cost. Go to a Chevrolet dealer and price a bumper for a car. They make a profit. Go to McDonalds and get a meal.

Did they sell it at cost, no. I have been doing hvac for over 30 years and my company charges $89 for the call and $54 a pound for R-22. I would doubt the credibility of this poster since he went into a sales routine at the end of the post talking up another competitor.

I do not work for either company or even live in Texas.Here in Ohio, those rates are very fair and maybe a little lower than the high end companies.